Things You Should Know About Copyright
- A copyright comes into being the moment a photographer creates the photograph.
- In most cases, that copyright will be owned by the photographer.
- As a copyright owner, the photographer has the exclusive right to reproduce, distribute and make other uses of the work.
- Transfer of a physical object to a client does not also constitute the transfer of the copyright.
- Any transfer of copyright must be done in writing and signed by the photographer.
- The duration of the copyright is generally the lifetime of the author plus 70 years.
Thank you for respecting the copyright on our images. Copying or reproducing them without our permission is illegal.